Accommodation in Russia
Accommodation seems to be as important part of the program as the quality of education and appropriate internship. We also understand that it is one of the main factors that determines students' comfort and happiness in a foreign country.
We choose and regularly monitor the accommodations we provide with a great care. Below you can see the list of options that we make available for you in order to meet the diversity of possible requirements and needs. Any type of accommodation that you choose will be offered to you considering the location of language school and placing company.
Single Room in a Shared Apartment
- Located in the safe area of the city, apartments are easily accessible by public transport or on foot both from the language school and the company where you will intern (please note that in a megapolis like Saint-Petersburg or Moscow, even 45 minutes on foot or a 30-60 mins bus-ride is considered to be normal, even for those living in the central part of the city).
- Clean individual room, comfortable and well equipped. Comfortable bed or sofa bed, a chair, a table, a wardrobe or shelves & hangers as well as bed linen, towels and duvets will be provided.
- Kitchen and sanitary are shared.
- Kitchen is well equipped, you are able to use cooking plates, a microwave and a fridge. Cooking cutleries and utensils are in sufficient quantity and quality to allow normal cooking.
- Apartment can have 2 or more bathrooms, depending on the number of rooms. Normally we do not place in a flat with more than 4 rooms.
- Iron, ironing board and washing mashine will be provided.
- Your neighbors will be local or international guests. In majority of cases, a host lives in the same apartment, which is great for socializing and fitting in the culture.
- Utilities are included in the price.
- Wi-fi is included.
- Food is not provided by the host, you have to take care of buying, preparing your own meals.
- Central location
- Single room or a bed in shared room are available (rooms are small)
- A cheaper solution for a short-stay programs (less than 2 weeks)
- No wardrobes are provided
- To be provided: iron, bed lined, WI-FI, hair dryer, towels, slippers, alarm clock, mirror
There are many hotels in the center for varying prices and standards (list of hotels can be provided upon request).
Renting a flat
ProfIntern has no flats at its own disposal. We collaborate with real estate agencies to provide our students with a studio/apartment for rent:
You can also choose an option of volunteer-based worldwide networks connecting travelers with members of local communities, who offer free accommodation and/or advice. Here are several of them:
Prices given below are average. Each lodging option is selected individually and the final price will be agreed with you before booking the accommodation.
|Single room in a shared apartment||High season (May 1st –October 1st)||Low season|
|Central location||Outskirts||Central location||Outskirts|
|Standard Type||550€ / month||500€ / month||420€ / month||400€ / month|
|Other Options||Single room||Shared room|
|Studio flat||200 € per week||not possible|
|Guest House||250 € per week||200 € per week|
|Hostel||From 25€ /night||From 15€ /night|
|Rented Flat||Price Upon request|
|Hotels (2-5 stars)||Price Upon request|
- All the payments for the homestay accommodation are done to ProfIntern.
- The last month’s accommodation fee has to be paid at least 1 month before. It is considered as a guarantee of a client’s stay and is requested by the host.
- Extra nights are usually available upon request and prepayment. More than 4 days are equivalent to one week.
- Inviting relatives or friends from abroad to live in the same room for a short-term has to be negotiated and paid additionally.
In order to help you to save money and provide flexibility, ProfIntern requires one month payment from you at a time. It means that in case there is a reasonable argument for changing your place, you have to send a written notice to ProfIntern and to the host minimum 3 weeks in advance. In case you want to move immediately, you still have to pay for the month you started. These are the conditions for 3 months rentals and for the average booking system as well.
In case the accommodation is cancelled in the written form 21 calendar days before the booked date, no fees will be charged. In case the Agent / client does not inform us about the intention of changing or rejecting the agreed accommodation, full charges must be paid for the first month. It is possible to change the agreed flat, hostel or hotel on condition that the price differences and service price (if any) must be compensated by the client.
Liability for the property safety
The client is personally liable for damages in the rented room/flat and its movable property. The amount of liability is determined by the property owner.
Life in a shared apartment - Rules
We kindly ask you to treat your new home with respect and to keep noise to a minimum level, especially during nighttime. The apartments are furnished and you will find an equipped kitchen to make your own meals.
You will be given a set of keys by the landlord or by a ProfIntern representative when you arrive to the apartment. Please be careful with the keys, as you will have to pay 100 euros for the lost keys.
You are responsible for cleaning your room during your stay, for using the room and movable property without harming it. Clients are not allowed to move the furniture in the room or attach pictures and posters to the walls.
You are responsible for cleaning the bathroom after you have used it and for buying all necessary items such as soap and toilet paper.
You will be provided on arrival with 2 sets of bed linen and towels and you may launder them yourself during your stay.
The common areas of the flat (kitchen, bathroom, etc) will be cleaned by the landlord every 2 weeks (sometimes they do it every week). The bedroom will be cleaned by the owner before the student’s arrival. You need to clean the common areas after you have used them, emptying ashtrays and taking out all rubbish and bottles daily by disposing them in the appropriate bins located on the streets outside the building.
Shared flats are equipped with washing machines. Upon arrival please speak to the owner directly regarding the use of the washing machine. Sometimes the owner can offer you to wash your clothes by him/herself on a weekly basis. For apartments not equipped with a washing machine you will find coin-operated laundries in all areas of the city (200-400 rubles / 5 kg load).
Entering the Shared apartment you should remove your shoes and put on slippers.
The price of the accommodation includes standard heating option. Shared apartments have central heating system which functions during the cold season and it is turned off during the summer. If you are cold, please ask ProfIntern staff or a landlord for a portable heater.
We kindly ask you to turn off the lights when not in use and do not use several electrical devices with high electricity consumption at the same time (kettle, iron, washing machine) for safety reasons.
Hot water supply
You should keep in mind that most of the flats do not have hot water for 3 weeks during the summer months. Usually there is a boiler which functions during this period. You should use hot water sparingly in this period. Unfortunately, ProfIntern cannot inform you about the exact time of the hot-water turn off period. In case there is no boiler in a flat Russian people usually take cold showers, boil water on gas, or go to Russian-baths or saunas when the hot water is turned off.
The Saint-Petersburg water-pipe system is quite old and the tap water can contain some bacteria and chemical substances. Showering and brushing teeth are safe, but the tap water is not drinking water. We advise you to drink only bottled or filtered and boiled water.
Smoking is not permitted in the apartment, as well as on the stairs.Fine for smoking is 5000 rubles.
We have booked the room for your personal use. Having guests overnight is allowed only with the consent of the owner. If the owner agrees, ProfIntern will inform you of the additional fee you must pay per night.
Money and other valuables
Please do not leave money or valuables in your room as the owner cannot be responsible for them.
Extending one’s stay
If you decide to extend your course and your accommodation please inform ProfIntern immediately. We will confirm your new booking, although we cannot guarantee the same room. Our accommodations are reserved exclusively for clients who are taking a ProfIntern Program. Therefore you cannot stay in our accommodations if you are no longer registered in the Program.
ProfIntern requires a damage deposit of 300 euros for the Shared apartment accommodation. Please, pass the deposit on the first day to the representative of ProfIntern. The deposit will be refunded at the end of the Program if no damage was caused.
In order to take care of ordinary maintenance, the owner/ProfIntern staff reserves the right to enter your room once a month with an advance notice.
NOTE: In most cases the owner of the house (Russian speaker) will live with the client, but the owner is not responsible for buying, preparing or providing food in any way, the client practically rents a room in a house.
Any accommodation must be booked from SUNDAY to SATURDAY. In some special cases (e.g. flight or visa) your arrival/departure can be another day (a previous discussion and a written agreement with ProfIntern is obligatory).
Internet access (in case it is not included in the accommodation)
- mobile internet, MTC, 3GB / month, 350 rubles*
- mobile stick for laptop or tablet, MTC, 3GB / month, 350 rubles*
- mobile stick for laptop or tablet, MTC, 12+12GB / month, 700 rubles*
*ProfIntern provides sim-cards to its interns for free and the mobile internet can be bought at any provider’s office. Above we listed the most popular packages, but these are the services of a Russian telecommunication provider, not Profintern’s. Different packages are available depending on the client’s needs. The stated prices listed are exemplary, at any time the price given in the local office is the final retail price.
Accommodation in Russia
When you are moving to Russia to take Russian language courses or an internship abroad, you will need an accommodation in Russia. ProfIntern can provide different accommodation options for you such as a shared apartment, a guest house, an individual apartment or a hotel. You have the option of living in the center of Saint-Petersburg or in the quieter outskirts. ProfIntern always tries to provide accommodations relatively close to your internship or the Russian language school. Check out the page for more information.