Yekaterinburg is the 4th largest city in Russia, but it’s rightfully called «the third capital of Russia» as by its economy size, transport development, cultural and tourist potential is comes third after Moscow and Saint-Petersburg.
Located east of the Ural mountains, Yekaterinburg has always been exceptionally rich in natural resources and this is what historically made this city one of the Russia’s leading industrial cities with highly developed sectors of metallurgy, mining of natural gas and minerals, mechanical engineering, processing of wood. This city is also an important transport hub connecting European and Asian parts of Russia.
However Yekaterinburg is not only about heavy industries.
In the past decades it has proven itself as a nationally important centre of science and education, culture and entertainment. Yekaterinburg also plays a significant role in the Russian economy, taking a prominent place in all-Russian financial and banking operations as well as international trade.
This all grants ProfIntern will plenty of options to choose from while searching for the best matching internship placement for you in this city.
- Yekaterinburg is often called «The city of Youth», it has a vibrant student life full of events: parties, fiests, concerts, discussion clubs regularly take place in this city.
- Yekaterinburg is famous for its strong theatrical traditions, ballet and opera performances. You can enjoy classical shows in such famous theatres as State Theatre of Opera and Ballet, the State Theatre of Musical Comedy, the State Philharmonic Society and the Drama Theatre.
- Yekaterinburg is the city of sports with a great number of sport clubs, fitness centers, open-air activities to choose from. No wonder Yekaterinburg was chosen as a host city for the World Summer Universiade which will take place in 2023.
- Yekaterinburg has the rich past and today it’s a home to nearly 60 museums and art galleries where you can learn about Russian history and the history of the Ural area.
- Yekaterinburg is a natural treasury. Beautiful Tavatuy Lake, Kaolin quarry also known as «Ural Bali», and «Ural Mars» clay quarries by the city of Bogdanovich are the natural wonders you can see only here.